Sunday, October 12, 2008

my second book



I am now reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."
I have read the first five chapters of this book, and it has been pretty much the exposition. Harry Potter is the main character of the book, which he has been the only person to survive from a Dark Lord,Voldemort. Dumbledore is also an antagonist, who helps and protects Harry Potter.

A recent news was told a prophecy said that Harry Potter is to kill Voldemort. Everybody in the wizardry world has been in panic mode since Voldemort was back in danger. Harry Potter's potion professor, Snape (one of the followers of Voledemort, the "Death Eaters") promises Draco's mother (who is also part of the Death Eaters) that he will help Draco (Harry Potter's classmate) to kill Harry Potter. The irony is that Snape is also part of the Order of the Phoenix, a group that fights and tracks down Voldemort.

This book seems to have a very long exposition. I think I would have to read more than half way through the book to face the main conflict of the story. I think someone will die in the story again. Also, I wonder if there is going to be any romance in the story, because the Harry Potter series digs deeper in romance as the characters mature.

No comments: